Academic Writing for Graduate Architecture Students is a summer course designed to familiarize international students with the conventions of acadmic graduate writing in the United States. The following topics will be covered in this course:
- Unit 1: Introduction to academic writing for architecture
- Unit 2: Defining terms
- Unit 3: Using the ideas of others
- Unit 4: Responding to others' ideas
- Unit 5: Images, claims, and commentary
- Unit 6: Interpreting assignments and revising texts
June 18 - August 9, 2019
The course meets on Tuesdays and Fridays from 12-1:30 pm, for a total of 13, 90-minute class periods.
Instructors are English language professionals who have extensive experience working with international graduate students.
Please contact Elizabeth Gillstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the course. It is only open to international participants in the Architecture department's Summer Preparatory Program.