Philadelphia International Airport
The Philadelphia International Airport is located 8.5 mi/13.6 km from the University of Pennsylvania. You may also view the Philadelphia International Airport website (www.phl.org) for more information.
Students typically either take a taxi or train to get from the airport to Penn's campus.
- There are taxis available at Philadelphia International Airport. Please follow the directions in the airport to the nearest taxi.
- A taxi from the airport to the University of Pennsylvania campus will cost $28.50, not including tip (suggested tip is $4-$5). You can pay for taxi services by credit card or cash.
- The taxi ride will take about 20-25 minutes.
- The SEPTA Regional Rail Train (Airport Line) is easily accessible from the five airport terminals.
- It operates every half hour from 5:30am to 12am (midnight), and tickets can be purchased from the conductor for $8 (cash). Exit the train at the University City Station or 30th Street Station and take a taxi from there to your residence.
- The train ride will take about 20 minutes. Depending on the distance of your residence or hotel from the SEPTA station, taxi fares will range from $8 to $10.
Visit our Contact page for a map of our location.